Happenings of Late

So where do i begin...this entry defiantly feels like my journal. so i'll start with the most recent. Ethan and Katie gave me a day/night off for my birthday~priceless. so i thought i wouldn't know what to do with myself, but oh not so. the computer to-do list is forever long; catching up on emails and the budget/bills. there is ironing, i wanted to watch hairspray, and sew the curtains and tablecloth today. i did kill the morning with a little shopping! he he speaking of shopping. dad gave me some $ for my birthday with strict orders to spend it on me and no one and nothing else. my first thought was me? i don't know what i want. socks is all i could think of. my friend Beth and i went shopping. less than a half hour it was gone! it was fun to spend money on me. i got a great pink comfy pant/jacket sweat outfit, but a step up from traditional sweats; maternity of course, two pairs of socks (white socks of late have been the biggest pet peeve when i see them sticking out like neon lights on me), a new purse, and shoes! DADDY & MOMMY THANK YOU!

okay, so miss Brilee when asked what she wants for Christmas says a Dora kitchen. i finally had to tell her she wasn't going to get it..."Santa is not going to bring you a kitchen when you already have one; that you don't play with." her response was funny. "mom, this kitchen is real. the dora kitchen is pretend. we want a pretend kitchen." i must admit the dora kitchen is pretty cool. so on the spot i came up with this brilliant idea. "Brilee, would you like to sell your kitchen and some other toys you don't play with to buy the kitchen you want?" of course she said yes, we posted everything on craigslist and we now have $ to buy her new toy. she doesn't know this exciting news yet because she is at ethan's house.

Okay this story illustrates how pregnant i am. this pregancy is so very differnt from the other two. didn't have the everyday morning sickness, i love wearing maternity tops (even though i don't need them; i still buttom a few of my pants just fine), beyond exaushed most days, i'm sure there are more i can't think of right now, and not forgetting crying at everything. i used to laughed at those that said they would cry at commercials. stupid. well, here i am with my own crying stories. so i was by myself in the car the other day and my thoughts turn to our trip next week to Disney World. i'm wondering if seeing all these characters is going to take me back to being a little girl again. then i thought of the moment Brilee was going to see Cinderella and know she is "real". oh my, i started full on crying. and i started crying again today while listening to Amy Grant's Breath of Heaven. such a beautiful song. it is all about Mary knowing she is going to have a son and asking for heaven's help. That's my life everyday. this can become my theme song. Here are the lyrics for your own spiritual touch today. AND i added the song to the playlist! go on click on it, dad, you'll enjoy the words and message.

Breath Of Heaven
I have traveled many moonless nights,Cold and weary with a babe inside,And I wonder what I’ve done.Holy father you have come,And chosen me now to carry your son. I am waiting in a silent prayer.I am frightened by the load I bear.In a world as cold as stone,Must I walk this path alone?Be with me now.Be with me now.Breath of heaven,Hold me together,Be forever near me,Breath of heaven.Breath of heaven,Lighten my darkness,Pour over me your holiness,For you are holy.Breath of heaven.Do you wonder as you watch my face,If a wiser one should have had my place,But I offer all I am For the mercy of your plan.Help me be strong.Help me be.Help me.Breath of heaven,Hold me together,Be forever near me,Breath of heaven.Breath of heaven,Lighten my darkness,Pour over me your holiness,For you are holy.Breath of heaven,Hold me together,Be forever near me,Breath of heaven.Breath of heaven,Lighten my darkness,Pour over me your holiness,For you are holy.Breath of heaven.Breath of heaven.Breath of heaven.



So my birthday was monday, tuesday, wednesday and friday!!! what a birthday! Monday night Sunshine took me to dinner at Ditto's. (i've been craving Pizza for the past 4 months...hmmm, wonder why?) so i ordered a spinach chicken pizza. mmmm good. and then tuesday Karen and i went shopping at hobby lobby together. found some great stuff for the house. then karen and darrell watched the kids for the evening and brian took me out. he he...he planned the weather for the day; sunny warm~it was spring!, he qued a deer to cross the street as we were coming out to the car and he reserved our restaurant for an hour. everything was working out in his favor. he was fun. after our private dinner we watched a christmas concert. an enjoyable evening. on wednesday Beth Scheu organized a birthday dinner for me. it was a great gift to know i have friends that want to gather with me as a reason. it was a wonderful evening. we ate at my favorite restaurant Bravo! afterwards beth and i went shopping. of course today, friday, the kids are hangen' out with uncle ethan and aunt katie. lub it!!! (that's Brayland's response to most things. it translates to love it, just in case you couldn't get it.)


This is a picture of Brayland's big boy bed! he lubs it! amanda wanted to see a picture of his new bed spread.


i don't think i can talk about much more...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes, spending on self is fun! Gone is thirty minutes! WoW! You know how long it took me to earn that? – about thirty minutes.
Very good with the craigslist
I may not be in the condition you’re in to appreciate “Breath Of Heaven” nevertheless, it was good.
Still waiting on photos of basement and garage.
Jen said…
Amy, I had a great time at dinner the other night! You are a great friend!! You craigslist is inspiring. I think I might have to try that.
Jason said…
Wow, that sounds fun! A birthweek instead of a birth-day. By-the-way, where are those photos of the garage and basement?