Week 4: We got in the disciple-ship

Broskis, 
Well four emails in, that's a little crazy to type not gonna lie. It feels like yesterday I was getting set apart and meeting my district for the first time. Now I'm a seasoned MTC missionary whose district is almost all gone. Yep there's only three of us, out of the original 13, left. It's super sad, I know. But I have an awesome temporary comp, Sister Leafa, she's from Samoa and doesn't speak a lot of English but is super nice. The MTC brought her here a month before her district gets here so she could get used to the time change and learn some English. She's learning two languages at once, super impressive, I have no idea how she's doing it but she's rocking it. My original companion, Sister Brasseur left for LA bright and early Monday morning and the MTC hasn't felt the same sense. I low key almost got in her suitcase but she has too many clothes ;) Elder Hunter left this morning and I had to give him his name tag back (super sad moment). I knew it was going to be hard to say goodbye to everyone but I didn't think it would be this hard considering I've only known them for less than three weeks. But I guess that's what spiritual bonding moments will do to a group of people. It was able to see how God will make you strong if you let him and how a testimony can grow in such a short period of time. The people in my district were great examples to me on what it means to be a disciple of Christ and I will forever thank them for it. I am going to miss their friendship and the strength they gave me. They are all going to be such great missionaries.

I leave for British Columbia tomorrow morning. I get to take the bus to the train, the train to the airport, and two flights to get there. It's going to be a long day. I'm excited for the train though, the only one I can remember being on was a really old one when I was 8. Most of my day today has been spent going to the Temple, doing laundry, packing, and cleaning. At some point it'd be nice to get a nap in but it's probably not going to happen considering I will probably have to pack and re-pack my suitcases to make sure they're under 50lbs, fingers crossed. I'm so excited for tonight! Every Tuesday the MTC has a surprise speaker devotional. Most weeks it's a member of the 70, but today we got an email that told us that one of the 12 apostles is coming! I'm hyped! But this email is being sent before the devo so you'll have to wait until next week to find out who it is. Unless you have connections, but if I'm your only connection ya gonna have to wait, sorry not sorry. 

OH AND I met Elder Calhoun from the Best Two Years. Yep that's right I met a celebrity. He was one of the volunteers in the cafeteria on Sunday. He's super nice and was telling us about his daughter in the Mexico MTC. He wanted to give us a "hug from our parents who miss you so so much" but there's unfortunately a "no touch" rule since the flu is going around. Lame, he looks like he gives really good hugs. 

okay okay one last thing. We got in the boat. Yep, most of you don't know how cool that is to say out loud but it's quite possibly the coolest thing I've ever done. There is a statue/idk what it is boat with the disciples inside of it and we have been respectfully calling it the disciple-ship. My companion the whole week was trying to convince me to do it and I finally said YOLO and now I can brag about it to everyone who knows what I'm talking about.

Peace out children of God 
Sister Hanson

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1rGdpk2_lG0QCpL9fML4NuD6GppF1mqxk

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1L4Ei5A6Y6pPSWbyq2AsBbKeCwmJUJesQ
Facetiming with a cute smile.


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1adaE27S-OC1Qp1ozqkiJ2-A6xfqGGCG5

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ZY_p8I_sl29j4CrhcUyQCuTWeSnyTWL2
Kerby Hebron! or Elder Calhoun

Comments