All Star


Brayland is all boy! Every Tuesday for the past 12 weeks we have been watching Daddy play softball. The kids love watching, cheering, and playen' their own game during his. It is a great stress reliever for me as well to cheer them on. Kellan and Katie, my two sister-in-laws, come every week too and we have so much fun yelling! So yes, back to the kids...every week they bring their little gloves with their little balls. (Brilee's glove is pink; so super cute!) And they have a Dora bat with matching ball that comes every week too. Except this week because Uncle Scott gave the kids their own Louisville Slugger Bats. Thanks, Scott. So because of all the softball exposure Brayland wants to play all the time. While I'm on the computer or trying to prepare lunch & dinner Brayland is pulling on me to play ball. He'll pull my computer chair around and throw the ball at me and say, "mom, ball." Then he'll run to the middle of the room, elbows up, bat ready. When we go outside to play he has to find in bat and ball. I pitch, he swings, he runs and gets the ball to do it all over again. Sometimes he will actually make contact. When he does he drops his bat and "runs the bases". So cute. This afternoon he found a football; swung my chair around and said, "Catch, mom, catch." We threw the ball a few times and it was time to make lunch. He follows me, screaming by the way because we have to stop. So I'm in the kitchen with a ball being thrown at my butt. Later today this all repeated while I was trying to do dinner. I finally had to stop and get down on his level -he was on his way to a time out with the screaming because i couldn't play- I told him we would play together at Daddy's game. As we gathered our things to go to Brayland made sure he had his hat, ball, glove and bat -the real Louisville Slugger. As soon as I set my purse down he was holding the two Sluggers ready to swing. No kidding. He was holding two. We started with one ball; I would pitch he would swing. In one week his swing has gone from a I'm-splitting-wood to a real swing. He was hitting them! It was amazing. Each time he would throw me the ball by turning around (his back is to me) and toss it over his head. Then proceed to adjust his hat and prep the bat. Such consistancy. Towards the end of our "practice" he had me pitch three balls at once. If he hit one he dropped his bat and ran. It was awesome. The stands were cheering for Brayland and more than the real game. Fifty minutes later he hands me his bat and says, "All done, Mom." We sit and watch the rest of the game. Dad won! yea!

Comments