A Cousin --- FINALLY!

Amanda and Grant, 7 months, were here visiting for a week. it was so great to have my sister around with nothing to do. ironically, we found ourselves always busy...welcome to life with kids. i thought amanda was going to go nuts with the increase of noise and activity that she was used to. i remember those days of one baby. peaceful naps, quite play time, intimate feedings...yea, not anymore. even when you set time aside to "smell the roses" they get trampled by the excitement of being a child. not that anything is bad about it...you just gotta keep up. poor grant had a rude awakening of sibling life too. he found after a few days if he cried immediate when brayland came near him one of us would pounce on brayland to leave baby grant alone. brayland wasn't always guilty of making him cry but it was a bit of a transition for brayland as well. gentle was a different gentle than he had been taught with the cat. two days later, i think all of us were a little more adjusted with all the newness of more roommates. we all had a great time together. here is a little video clip of the kids maken' grant laugh. he is so easy to make laugh.

Comments

Noelle said…
I hope you don't mind, but I added a link to your blog on my blog. If you are interested in checking it out, my blog is http://gosnellfamily-noelle.blogspot.com/
Amanda said…
yeah, I want the video...I couldn't remember what video you were talking about on the phone. we'll figure out later how to get it to me if it's too big for email.
Anonymous said…
You say "Amanda was going to go nuts" maybe that explains why the squirrels are after her. She's just like her dad!
Jason said…
Cutest cousin I've ever seen.