I'm Bringen' Sexy Back

well, at least for me. lol. Kellan invited me to do a Zumba class at her gym. wow. it was a lot of hip and booty shaken'! i felt sexy for the first time in a long time. very important to feel sexy when you have three kids. ya know i gave up my sexy car and my clothes are quickly going out of style -- not sexy. i'd put up a picture but...i'm not sharing my sexy feeling. ha. i've given myself six months to even begin to try on clothes that used to fit. (and thanks, by the way, to Amy j for the comment of looking great! i did try to post pictures that hid my santa belly). i'm also expecting to be sorely disappointed in six months too when they don't fit. most of my shirts are too tight around my jelly; a friend gave me a couple of shirts. i was happy they didn't squeeze but a little ughed that they were XL. it is a trip trying to fit clothes on a body that is always changing. but that's good when hopefully they are changing in the positive direction. so this zumba class was filling my need to enroll in a hip-hop class. bri and i have been watching so you think you can dance and oh how i miss DANCING!!! that was my favorite part about college and being single. i would dance til i was all red and sweaty and i'd keep going. i'm still looking into hip hop classes; until then this zumba class is totally fun. although i didn't realize how uncoordinated i was on my left side. we are learning the cha cha rhythm and the salsa and the mia dance, and it's just a lot of hip action. BAM! as brilee is proving to be more and more like me i need to enroll her fast into dancing.

Kellan is on a roll. she registered for a cake decorating class too. so i'm enrolling with her! yea! the only thing from conference that has stuck in my head and is turning over and over is the quote from elder ballard's talk "Daughters of God":

"Third, even as you try to cut out the extra commitments, sisters, find some time for yourself to cultivate your gifts and interests. Pick one or two things that you would like to learn or do that will enrich your life, and make time for them. Water cannot be drawn from an empty well, and if you are not setting aside a little time for what replenishes you, you will have less and less to give to others, even to your children."

i feel like saying Amen. anyway, it is great having another women in the house. amanda and i had such a great system to keep the house flowing flawlessly. and now that mom is here it is so great to have a clean kitchen all the time and a free babysitter. which has allowed me to start reading Twilight. yes, i'm sucked in too. i haven't read a book for me since harry potter. all my reading have been for parent improvement.

Comments

Andrea G. said…
How fun. I'm very impressed. And just for the record-- I've seen you in person since Amdon was born and you DO look great!!
Jason said…
Shake dat booty!
Unknown said…
Amy, you have always been a hottie! Time for that leather shirt!
Anonymous said…
It's not what is on the outside of you but rather what's on the inside.
Anonymous said…
So . . . tell me about this DANCING!!! thang.