to be retitled once I remember what Brilee called our tie-die shirts.

We decided to make red, white and blue tie-dye shirts for the the BIG day. Amanda and Grant were here over the holiday and they tie-dyed, too. Here we are taking the rubber bands off.

Here's how they turned out. We were able to wear them to a pancake breakfast and a Fourth of July party that evening. Everyone complimented us...they were totally jealous.


Another member of my family visted...can you guess which male this is? It's Steven. He looks just like my father in this picture waving his arms all huffy-like. Steven's moving across country; we were a pit stop.



We made apple pie for the party. Brayland wanted to help and I told him that the apples needed to go in the flour/sugar mixture. Then someone else needed me and I left the kitchen. When I came back, this is what he had done. Apparently I forgot to mention that they needed to be peeled and sliced.



We also made a Strawberry-Banana-Chocolate-and lots-o-sugary-goodness pie. We put whipped cream in a baggie and cliped a corner to decorate the top. We enjoyed decorating our mouths with the left over whipped cream and had lots of chocolate covered strawberries and bananas to snack on.




While we were laughing it up with the extra fruit and chocolate, Brilee helped with the dishes.



At the party, Brayland made a mad dash for the red frosting. And of course, the fireworks were too loud for him and wanted to bury his face in my legs (yes, with the frosting still on his face).



Here's our festive family. Amdon even got his own tie-died onesie. And my shirt was last to get squirted.



Proof that it was Steven and not Dad. Happy Fourth!


Comments

Anonymous said…
WoW! What's this Dad thing? :-)
Anonymous said…
such a beautiful fam! thanks for sharing...

how many kids DO you plan to have!

I just caught up on all your blogs and you've had your hands full lady!!!

~christy