FINE.

Well i really stirred things up a bit. okay, maybe once a month...heehee. i had no idea that brian reads this to keep up with his fam and my mom even reads it! yea, mom!

So here's what we've been up to:
i've just printed two years of pictures and i'm just sliding them into photo albums. it is better than nothing and i love looking through albums. all the kids have their first years totally scraped. Amdon has started solids; i was so not ready for that. but we finally have our groove back again. Brian has lost like 20 pounds. his sister's office is doing a biggest loser challenge and the winner gets the big pot of money. bri is motivated. this challenged has done more for our marriage than just his body. we are talking now. i feel needed. and my opinion is of some worth. it's amazing what i'm so willing do to know that my love bucket is full. of the 5 love languages i'm quality time for sure and feeling needed. who doesn't need that. this just keeps dominoing into better and better things. one domino that it hit was that i'm able to be more calm and enjoy the kids. i'm trying to be more empathic with them and not yell. what a challenge to be more quiet and soft spoken. it is completely amazing how the kids respond to me when i'm not being loud. it is hard to be sharp all the time to be consistent though. by 7 i'm bushed. haaa i've discovered that brilee will do anything if i put it on a check list. no complaining or whining. love it.
my mother in law gave me her bookshelves and i've added them to my kitchen. I love how much warmth they bring to the room. all the kids activities are in cute wal-mart baskets and can display my collection of cookbooks and have somewhere for pictures now. and they match perfectly. i think i like this honey color wood more than black.

We've attempted three times now to catch the tiger training at the zoo. we went the second time jan 5th and missed it because i forgot brilee went to her grandma's after school. so we went to the zoo anyway. and then we went again friday and missed it by a hair because of traffic. ugh. we'll get there soon. here is our party. Kellan's in the wheel chair because her knee is badly bruised. it was a hoot.

I'll get some updated pictures of amdon. he is beyond cute! and the easiest baby yet. yet, what does that mean?!

Comments

Amanda said…
why didn't you do that with your bookshelves (taht are in the basement)?
Jen said…
Amy - I love your posts. I was so sad when you said you were done with it. Keep them coming.
Emily said…
What a tease! So glad you didn't "dump" us. Just blog when you're in the mood - it's a great way to keep in touch!
Anonymous said…
You're the best!!!
Amy said…
Yes, I am still reading your blog and love it. All of your posts are great. I love how real you are and you put to words how I feel. Especially your older post about motherhood was just what I needed to read tonight! Thank you!
blairsblog6 said…
I'm so glad you've continued. Your new shelves look great! I especially loved seeing someone's bum in one of the pictures! What a hoot!