I love Brian.

I love Brian. He does such a wonderful job of making my life easy and comfortable. He came across an extra computer and put it up in our kitchen. Our kitchen is very full now. The kitchen is the most used room in our house! it accommodates so many activities. we do everything in here. so here are some of the reasons i love having a computer at my finger tips. in no particular order and i have no idea why i feel the need to share this...oh yea! because Brian is the man!

1. i've had a goal as of January to become more politically aware. well, my two ways of doing that were to read Fox news online or watch it on TV and listen to Rush Limbaugh. since we got rid of cable fox news is out and my computer time is so minimal that checking the news is last priority and when i do make it to foxnews.com i am so lost. so the last option: Rush. well, i don't get AM radio in the van and my cheap little stereo in the kitchen has a broken antenna so no AM there. so now with my computer i get to listen to RUSH! yea!!!

2. For the summer the children get to earn time tickets to cash in for movies, computer, money, or time with dad. now i am right here to remind them that time's up and i can monitor what they are doing. (not much trouble can happen at pbskids.org but brilee lately has been taking words that she sees and putting the word in the address bar and adding the .com. nothing bad has happened yet but i am here to catch and teach.)

3. i can look up quick phone numbers now. i threw the phone books away because they are a waste! needed to call Office Max; done.

4. quickly look up Meijer's sometimes incredible sales add.

5.check the weather for the day.

6. and best of all i get to make blog posts more often. --yea. we'll see if that happens.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Politically aware???
It's not worth it.
You may need blood presure meds
Amanda said…
I'm all for the more frequent blog posts. I saw you posted on bloglines and thought, "finally." {grin}

you should try Sean Hannity, too. www.hannity.com
Unknown said…
Nice, I want more of Amy!!!
Jason said…
Good for you Amy! I love listening to "El Rushbo" when I can. I started listening to talk radio a little over a year ago and it's changed the way I look at things. I think if everybody made themselves more politically aware it would erase a lot of problems we have and prevent us from being taken advantage of too much by politicians.

I echo Amanda, Sean Hannity is great. Brian Thomas is probably my favorite(www.55krc.com).
Brett said…
Amy, try kidrocket.org - it is a FREE internet browser just for kids that has tons of kids sites on it (including pbs kids). The kids just push a button for the site and they can't surf the web or enter any addresses. They also can't get off the browser without a password. We've used it for a few years and love it. - Kristine