Week 1: HMTC

We have said goodbye to Grandma Julee this week. She generously took care of house, animals, boys, and plants while Brian and Amy toured Italy for two weeks. 
The Boys started their second session of school, which will only be two weeks long because we are all on our way to California again with the Cotton family. This session of school is all about Japan; although, our book is taking over the specifics of Japan study. We are readying Jacob Deshazer, who is a bomber during World War II. 
Mom makes sure she rotates through an English class with Amdon, Ayson, and Caelan each day. When they are not in class with mom, they focus on math. Amdon has been doing great and hanging in his Math 95 class at the community college. 

Our family went with the church youth to Fun Farm. We’ve never gone before because mom felt is was too expensive. But if someone else is paying for it…. Let’s Go! 

They had a giant corn pit. Just like the sand gets in every little crevice, so does the corn. No matter how old you are, playing in carb will always be fun. 
Here’s Brayland (17). 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=150zvUlxvBUWtgGVEY_3_m12pPxNC_Ks2

Amdon (14) standing in the gift shop at the end. Our neighbors, Bella and Ava, were working the same evening. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1-Q6nAXeiL7y2NfBmUaqwKzcCMWoFKcCX

Here we have proof that Amdon has definitely growen’ taller than Dad. Amdon is 6’2” and dad is 5’12”, and he’ll never admit that he’s shorter. According to Brian, he will always be taller than Amdon. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1_O8gc761RdcNg88DD8TIExV7mPYy0vx7

Beautiful Big Bright Bumpkins
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1-0WJhe2R9-gU7_lIbUU7H7ndUsB7ftC9

Brilee and Mom having a quick chat with Grandpa on P-day while we running all over town. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1icjsAIKWJvEYTMtt2rpEdbvq53rgFeVl

Brilee did classes in our basement and Dad’s office at the new place. Dad’s space was perferred because if was just a wee bit quieter. I’m this picture I laughed at all the left over food that was beginning to collect. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Wrdr91yTyKHFIPZDTgTkpPVJnQQcBsAM
Ayson (12) and Caelan (8) enjoyed an afternoon of skating. We got Ayson some new skates to put some miles on and scheduled some future classes. Mom is thinking this is the place to be for the winter. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1FkkFIL3skJedJYy_kqmyKZEQKiSdqNLA 
Brilee’s letter to her fans: 

Alright broskis! The first email of my mission has officially arrived. 

Day one was full of mixed emotions for me. There was so much new to process with meeting my companion, my whole district, and starting my first set of classes. It was so exciting! I absolutely love everyone I have met and adore my companion, Sister Brasseur. I can not wait to meet everyone in person next week! While I'm at home doing HMTC I've been going to work with my dad since my house is a bit loud, so it kinda felt like I've been going to the MTC. This is such a blessing but it has also allowed me to feel out of place when I go back to my house and can't do what I'm used to. It's a bit weird living in my old life while having to learn my new life and it's been hard not having the freedom to call the people I love. 

Day two was easier to swallow considering it was pretty much the same as the first day. We have learned so much already about how to share the gospel and grow our testimonies. It's also been cool to hear everyone's stories of their conversions and why they decided to serve missions. They've all had such unique experiences and it's amazing to see the Lord's hand in all of them. 

Comments