Week 2: In 3-D

 Broskis, 

This week has been crazy! We finished up online MTC this week and I only have two high lights from class. One: Elder Glass from Louisiana could not believe that none of us had ever been gator hunting before. Apparently he thought that alligators lived everywhere. Two: We had a grilled cheese competition for lunch one day and the elder who won put four different cheeses on his sandwich plus mac and cheese. It was glorious. 

Tuesday was the day I flew to Salt Lake but I didn't fly out until 2pm so the morning was spent franticly packing for the next 18 months (because I'm really bad at packing right before I leave, it happens every time) and I also had to pack up my room because my parents are replacing me with a foreign exchange student. Cheers. My mom asked me to keep up all my decorations so obviously someone thinks I have style. 

My parents dropped me off at the airport and both of my suit cases were exactly 49lbs so who knows if I'll be able to do that again for my flight to Vancouver. My family dropped me off and we hugged and took pictures at the door and I walked inside to check my bags and started to feel myself cry but I wanted to look strong for my family and for some reason I thought they had left but on my walk to the gate they were there standing by the door and my mom gave me the biggest hug and that ladies and gentlemen triggered the waterfall of tears that would not stop until I boarded the plane and fell asleep. I got hugs from everyone else and I even got my dad to cry a little bit. I know its a bit weird but I've only ever seen my dad cry like three times so it was touching to see. I slept for most of the flight which I see as a little blessing because I probably would have spent the whole flight thinking about how I wanted to go back. 

I landed in salt lake and found the bus that would take me to the MTC. There was one other elder there waiting for the bus and once we got on there was another sister. So it was the three of us for the next hours and half. The bus driver was really sweet and told us his conversion story. We got the the MTC just in time to watch the devotional by elder Nash, it was so good! After they took us to our temporary rooms that we just stayed the one night in. I showed up to the MTC a day early so I had a bit of a different experience than my district that wouldn't arrive until 2pm the next day. 

The excitement I felt when I was finally able to meet my comp in person was beyond description, it was so cool! It was also nice to filly be able to meet the district in 3-D. We have had so much fun the last 72 hours. It was honestly so nice to have been able to have the opportunity to meet them all on zoom the week before and to already be friends before we met in person. We had P-day the following day and we had all decided to do a endowment session as a district. It was only my second time going so I was still very unfamiliar with what to do but it all worked out. That afternoon we played volleyball and immediately after ate at least 10lbs (not kidding) of candy elder Sachediana brought from Canada. 

I seriously can not explain how much love is here at the MTC. This is one of the coolest things I have ever done. 

Anyway see ya children of the Lord next week

********

Brilee got a plane Tuesday, October 25th. We all felt the lose of her energy. The people she is going to be around are in for a treat! 
(Brayland's missing b/c he was at class)

Brilee and Sister Brasseur

Comments