Week 6: Yooooooooo

Broskis,
What a week. I don't even know where to begin or what day things happened on, it's all blending together. This past week everyday felt as though it wouldn't end, they are so dang long, but the week itself has blended together into one REALLY long day lol. I honestly can't believe it's been a week since my last email. It's also been an emotional roller coaster. It's been hard. I'm not going to lie. It has been hard to feel as though we are having success and I end up coming home at the end of the day emotionally, physically, and spiritually drained.  Abbotsford is bacilly the Bible belt and everyone we talk to doesn't really want to talk to us or if they do they just tell us they only need the Bible or that they don't believe in God at all. We do have some success don't get me wrong, sometimes we get a conversation where the person doesn't want to shove their opinion down our throat, we place a few Book or Mormons here and there, we are teaching an awesome guy named Bekin, I'm in an amazing ward, and there's always something to make me laugh at the end of the day. My biggest goal is just to be a light for the people around me, try to spread the love (I swear I would have been a hippy if I was born in the 70's) and make people smile. Plant the seeds. I was reading a talk the other morning in personal study that I don't remember the name of, sorry :/ but it was bacilly saying that most of what we do as missionaries we're not going to see the effects of. So even though I feel like we're not having a ton of success I have to keep reminding myself that I can't see what I'm doing but God can.

Okay switching gears, here's a random list of things I wrote in my notes this week. Enjoy. 
1. Gas prices are wack. They have the gas in liters here instead of gallons, so you are paying about $2 per liter that's about $6 a gallon depending on where you go. They also have their gas priced like $106.9 instead of $1.70, so I feel like I'm committing a crime when we get gas lol
2. There is an old man that sits in his window and watched su leave in the morning. I think he finds the fact that I have to back up my companion funny. (btw on missions they have one companion stand behind that car and help the other back up cuz I guess missionaries kept running into stuff) 
3. I'm really glad I packed duck tape
4. Heated seats are such a blessing, it's so cold in the morning when we leave
5. There is a doorbell in the McDonald's for the bathroom so they can see who's using it
6. Canada has paper straws instead of plastic straws and it sucks. I know it's for the environment but I think the environment and forgive us for using plastic straws. The paper ones make the drink taste weird and it's paper sitting in a liquid for a prolonged period of time so it gets soggy. Literally so gross.
7. They were filming a Lifetime movie downtown called "Strength of a Woman" and we talked to a cool guy who seemed to be in charge who kinda looks like Crocodile Dandy. It was dope. 
8. Canada has their Thanksgiving in October so I thought I wasn't going to be able to celebrate Thanksgiving BUT one of the members invited us over for American thanksgiving and I'm so excited!! 

Quote of the week:
"Forget kissing men! I want to hold babies!" -Sister Farris 

Till next week ya children of God

 Lunch with the STL's, me and the comp, black squirrelhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1t74pMwzuMy29S4-q548OL_Q-wt9QDgDG
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1pT-obEeaaHD8wdeOoMMuBGuHNPjxnedE
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1xYYfGwwDYWfzqjA-bs7DuXq4zF6PCFj-

Comments